Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quick Update

Today was yet another lesson to be learned.  Josh and I went to the hospital to bring them the rest of the meds we brought to donate.  They were like kids in a candy store going through the crate.  It brought us such joy to see them so happy and preparing to use the stuff so soon.  We also got to hang out with the docs for a bit and sit in on a couple triage type sessions.  I learned that Ugandan people are tough!!!  
We went to visit the pediatrician friend that Josh has.  She was working in the AIDS clinic, which is dedicated to children and education on Wednesdays.  Destroyed.  Destroyed.  Destroyed is my heart...again.  The more time I spend here, the more I feel like I need to do something more for the people.  While we were sitting there waiting for our turn to talk to the pediatrician...I couldn't help but get choked up.  Josh was trying to help me out and I was trying to explain that I just feel like I should be doing more.  He reminded me that we are doing something.  And I know that we are...I just feel like we should do more.  We will see where the Lord leads us with that!
I told Josh "These people are looking at us like we are rich.  We have a hard time at home...paying the bills and stuff."  Josh replied:  "But, Courtney, we are rich."  And that just made my perspective change so much.  We are.  Most of us are.  
As for an update with little Mr. O:  He is well.  He is smiley and sweet and full of giggles.  We are really looking forward to getting him out with us on our own...but can't just yet.  He gave a little taste of the transition we are headed for when he bit me today.  He gets upset...he bites, pinches, or hits.  This is very common with children who are adopted.  This is how they all react to anything that upsets them.  They don't understand that there is another way to express their feelings.  We will teach him!  Time to finish reading "Toddler Adoption"!!!  Still can't wait to post some pics.  Hopefully after our ruling on Monday we will be able to!!!
Please continue to pray for a fast, successful ruling and visa appointment.  Also, continue to pray for the sick little boy - he is showing a little progress!!!  Also, there is a Canadian Mom here who is really stuck and is feeling very down.  She is adopting a little boy and has been told she needs to wait about 6 months for her visa.  
Thank you again for the support.  Today was long...and when I got online and saw the support our loved ones gave us...I got all kinds of emotional.  Gosh...we are just so blessed.

To Our Sweet O,
We love you so much!  It feels like we have known you forever.  You see us and smile.  You are such an incredible little man.  You have been through a lot and you are an inspiration to me.  Thank you for being you.  

Love you more,
Mommy

7 comments:

  1. Oh yo girl little Owen will transition and find another way to express his feelings. I'm surprised the bite marks i got from Ms. Ellie aren't permanent :) She's been done with that biting for awhile now. Love Love Love you guys! and Owen too!!! Peace out, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! We are all doing well on this end. Know that we are praying always. We can't wait to see ALL of you!

    Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I am God.

    I pray you would both "be still" and at peace, always trusting in the Lord. May He be your Comfort, your Strength and your Light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we can figure out some fundraisers when you get home and get O settled! Make the difference with O first. I love you guys and am hoping for a speedy process. Thanks for keeping us posted. Tell O he is a little piranha and give him a big kiss and tickle for me! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding us how truly rich we are. We love you guys and are continually praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the updates! Praying for you everyday. Can't wait to see a FAMILY picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Courtney,
    I've been praying for ALL of your family! I saw Gracie at church and she was smiling BIG as her grandpa carried her around!
    Praying that Monday goes smoothly and the entire process is speedy and specific!
    Much love,
    mark and melissa Baker

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was growing up I was the poorest kid I knew. I thought my life was really difficult. Then I went to Turkey and realized I grew up one of the wealthiest people on Earth. It is still hard to navigate in our society because our standards are different, but I have never felt poor again.

    ReplyDelete