Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And he's...out.

My son just sang himself to sleep.  One second he was singing what seemed like an African version of "Happy Birthday"...then the next he is totally knocked out snoring.  This kid is so funny.  Really.  He was acting very...we will say...tired.  Ok, ok...he kept smacking me and laughing...but to Owen, that means "I'm tired Mommy."  So we came to bed.  I thought he would pass out early like last night, but he kept singing...and singing...and singing...then all of a sudden...he was done (like in mid phrase).  I have to say:  H*-e can keep a pretty good beat! 
We thought that he spoke English, but that is just not the case.  So, we have learned some of the key phrases.  I don't know how to spell them, so I will spare you the details, but we now know how to say "No", "No hit", "Potty" (not that it matters right now lol), "Come here", and "Thank you" in Lugandan.  Owen is also a little "strong willed" - which, as you probably already know, means he will fit in with the Willis Fam well! 
We have learned recently that he is NOT into dogs.  Not even a little bit, but we will work on that!  He does not like veggies - again, like his Daddy.  But, he LOVES to eat just about anything else.  He likes to hold my finger and lead me across the room.  He has the best laugh and I have a video of it, just trying to figure out how to upload the big file. 
He seemed better this morning, so we thought we would wait on the pediatrician (until we got back to the -states), but will be hitting them up first thing in the morning tomorrow.The cough is still there, especially at night time, and he has the WORST smelling gas and poop ever - again, like his Daddy (but worse believe it or not).  We think he may have a tummy bug, which is very common here in African babies homes (probably any orphanage). 
Josh worked hard all morning and got us an embassy appointment on Monday.  If all goes well (please pray), we could have Owen's VISA Wednesday and all fly home together.  I am terrified  of the plane ride home, so that would be great.  And I am SO ready to see Gracie - miss her tons.  TONS and TONS.
Here are some pics from the day!

 Headed to the market!
 Mr. Man eating breakfast.
You can't really tell, but this is Owen's OU shirt!

To Our Sweet Owen,
You have made me and everyone around us laugh several times today.  You have such a great sense of humor!  Good thing!  I see that I have work cut out for me too - but you are so much more than worth it!  Daddy and I have so much fun adding "son" to the end of everything we say to you.  Your sister skyped with us and saw you sleeping...she thought you were cute!  I love your singing, and I love your quirks.  You are perfect for us!!!
Love You More,
Mommy

8 comments:

  1. Hum...how to get a Razorback shirt to Africa?
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHHHH!!! The cuteness is just ridiculous!! So happy for ya'll! Makes me want my girl SOOOO bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you guys and the lil' man. Praying for your safety and God's will. Watching the miracle unfold and standing in awe of his Greatness !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is awesome! And I love the pic of him eating his breakfast. :) So, if he is anywhere the age of 2, strong-willed and having your "work cut out" for you, is about right!! ha! Praying for that VISA to be granted by Wed.! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is PRECIOUS!!!!! You all look so happy. God is so big and now you are a family of FOUR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're going through the grueling process of adoption and dealing with costs, courts, plane flights and all, but could I have Owen???? Such a cute little man!

    Melissa Kamath

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take Owen too! What a sweet little man! I can't wait to get a huge hug from him! He looks like he gives amazing hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Courtney! He is sooo stinkin cute! Congrats to your family. Blessing seems like an understatement...God is Great!

    ReplyDelete