Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our First Night and Morning

Well, I am a mess (again) this morning...after reading all of  comments and posts.  I am wondering how I got to be so blessed to have all the friends and family that I have.  God is so good!!!  It warms my heart to know that Owen is not only loved so much by us, but by you guys too.  He has no idea what he is in for!!!  He had a bit of a rough night with coughing, but it was much better than I thought it would be!  I can't wait to see what he does when he wakes up and sees where he is!  That he is always going to be a part of our family. 
Per many requests, here are some stats on little Mr. Man:  He is approx (we don't really know for sure) 2.  Maybe a little under 2.  He is wearing (we think, don't have any right now) a size 6 shoe.  Though he sports a 7 and a half gracefully until we get him some! :)  He is also wearing a 2T for the most part.  His tummy is big (2T).  But his legs are still very small, so they are more like a 24 months size.  And no, he isn't potty trained like we thought.  He is a big fan of cars, trucks, or anything like that.  His fav toy right now is the ambulance we brought - just like his Daddy (again)!  He says "dee-dee dee-dee dee-dee" instead of  "honk honk" b/c the cars around here are much more...um...actively honking!  Lol.  He also is fun to watch play b/c for some reason he LOVES to carefuly, with so much softness, set things on top of his cars when he gently pushes them around.  The other day, he had 2 batteries, some water bottle wrappers, and another car on top of his ambulance and carefully pushed it around the room.  :)
Well, I hear him stirring!  We will be able to post pics now!  So, be on the look out!  We will be around the Inn today while Josh is running around to the lawyer and the Embassy.  Then off to the pedi to see about this cough!  Thank you for your prayers!!!

To Our Sweet Owen,
So ready for our first full day together!  You did so much better than I thought you would last night...you are such a little trooper!  I don't want to wake you, but I can hardly wait for you to get up!!!  I'm going to surprise your Daddy by putting you in your OU shirt today...he will love it.  And I have his out too - cause I am sure he will want to put it on.  Your Nana and Papa and Gracie are busting at the seams to see you!!!

Love you more,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. I am having an emotional pregnancy day and you are NOT helping!!! I am so happy for ya'll and can't wait for our first play date at the park!!
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chills reading this! How awesome for you to have this experience in your life. How awesome for Owen to get a new chance on life. How awesome for all of us who get to "share" it with you. God is so good and so full of rich blessings that he is showering over all of us. Continued prayers for you guys today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed skyping this morning. It's the next best thing to being there, right? Owen is adorable and I cannot wait to see him and hold him in person! Keep up the good work and we'll keep up the prayers on this end. Love you all more! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky Fudge said it all! Awesome for all of us! Love you guys sooo much! Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these updates it has been wonderful sharing this awesome blessing with yall! we love you all!

    ReplyDelete