Thursday, October 14, 2010

Never the same...

I packed MY SON'S suitcase tonight.  Thoughts filled my mind.  How long are his legs?  How big is his foot?  How tall is he?  How much does he weigh?  Will the 2Ts fit?  Will the sound of this toy scare him?  Will he know that we love him?  Will he know that we aren't going to hurt him?  Will he be afraid of us?  Or will he just know that we belong to him?  And that he belongs to us?  And that we all belong to the most amazing, beautiful, awesome God?
I have a funny feeling that this trip is going to destroy me.  I am already on this intense, beautiful path of destruction.  It is like my eyes have been opened to this world of children who desire love so deeply.  My son has changed my life forever.  In so many ways.  I am just so honored that God picked me to be O's Mommy.  Really.
O has no idea what he is in for.  How much love is coming his way.  In a similar sense...I have no idea what I am in for either.  I don't know how long I am going to be there.  I don't know what it is like there.  I have never held O or even looked into his beautiful brown eyes.  I DO KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE MORE THAN OK.  I know that God has clearly lead us down this path and that he will be with us every step of the way.
Thank you for the prayers and for the support.  We most certainly would not be traveling to get our son if it weren't for the part that each of you played.  We are forever grateful for all that you have done for us and for O. I am leaving you with this video (posted below this post) that another (amazing) adoptive Mom brought to my attention tonight.  Really spoke to my heart tonight.

To our sweet O,
I'm coming for you son!  The time is almost here!  I pray that God is holding you and know that he is.  And soon, we will hold you!  Your Daddy and I are already talking about who gets to hold you first.  I think that since Dad got to hold Gracie first, that means this is my turn.  Gracie knows that we are coming to get you.  She is so excited and I can see how God is preparing her to be your big sister.  I long for our family of four to be together.  Hang in there sweet boy.  Mommy and Daddy are coming.  And soon you will be HOME.  The place where the Lord always intended you to be.

Love you more,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Praying friend... I am overjoyed! You will LOVE Uganda, but you will be even more beautifully destroyed! Love you friend, Tammy

    ReplyDelete