Sunday, October 24, 2010

Every day is a new day...

I was so blessed to be able to go to Calvary Chapel Church this morning.  We went to the 10:00am service but walked in during the very last bit of the 8:00am service.  The moment I walked in, I knew that  I was exactly where God wanted me to be.  There have been many moments where I have felt the prescense of God...but I don't think I can remember one like this.
The music was...heavenly.  Seriously.  There was this perfect harmony.  I was moved to tears through out the entire service - which lasted 2 hours instead of our 1.  The music was so humbling.  There was a moment when I was feeling like I wasn't even worthy of singing with the people there.  They were praising God and thanking him over and over for all that he has given them.  These people have next to nothing.  And they were singing praises with such a genuine heart. Today I fell in ove with the people of Uganda.
I can see that little Mr. O is growing attached to Josh and I.  He loves to call Josh "Daddy".  And this evening when I had to leave for him to go to bed...he was so upset. He rested his head on my shoulder for the first time.  He started crying a lot...and the most amazing thing happened...I SOOTHED HIM.  He calmed down (briefly until I had to leave).  It was such a heart warming moment for me as Mom.
Tomorrow is court!!! Please pray for us!!!  Please pray that it goes as smoothly and quickly as God's will allows.
Love you all!

To Our Sweet O,
You are so amazing sweet boy.  No wonder the Mama's love you so much!  You laugh and smile so much more than I could have ever imagined.  You look me in the eye and my heart just melts.  Your Daddy and I can't wait to post your pics tomorrow.  We already have them picked out.  There were so many to pick from...you are so handsome!!!

Love you more,
Mommy

6 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I worshiped in a 3rd world country... and you are right! It expands our view of God... and we get a closer glimpse of exactly how mighty and awesome HE really is. I'm SO EXCITED for you all! Praising God for the little confirmations and encouragements with O! YAY! Praying for tomorrow girl! Peace and Grace... love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. worshiping Africans are amazing! I've never met one that couldn't sing! Praying all day today and tomorrow. I did think this morning while I was at church that hopefully you would be somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah!! So exciting! Tomorrow, well, late tonight for us, I will be praying! Sooo happy you had that precious, unforgettable moment when you soothed him. Amazing. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me be willing to do God's will...love you Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey
    I came across your blog from Kathy Kelbert. I just adopted from Sanyu in Uganda. I was there from June2 until August 11. I know all the challenges that happen in the process. I will pray for your journey and for your court date.
    I also went to church at Calvary Chapel. I LOVED it!! The worship was so amazing!! I left every week feeling refreshed and full of the power and love of God. I love to hear someone else loving it as much as I did.
    I will be praying
    In Christ

    Kim Balts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears here as I read the blog today... so glad you are all bonding Courtney! Will be praying for you tomorrow morning at 6AM! Can't wait to see pics tomorrow and more so to meet him in person. What an experience for you... You are right when we went last January the singing is ANGELIC! Now you know why we're glad we weren't the group left behind to sing for them! Hahaha!
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Love,
    Angie Short

    ReplyDelete