Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Court Update

God is so amazing.  I am not the same person I was when we started this process.  And I can feel the changing still taking place.  I am just so happy that I have a God who loves me so much and wants me to see through His eyes.  I don't deserve the perspective He is giving me....but I am covered in his grace.  And so blessed.  And I thank each of my friends and family for supporting us through this journey.
Court went pretty well!  The judge heard our case and our ruling is set for Monday.  Expect pics soon!!!  Can't post them now, unfortunately.  But we do have some amazing ones!!!  They don't appreciate noise in the court room...so I had to leave with him.  He actually pitched a big enough fit that it required me leaving the entire building.  There are lots of details regarding the court hearing that I can't share yet, but will when we are able.  We would have loved an earlier court ruling date so that we could get O out of the babies home and with us all the time, but we know, AGAIN, that God has perfect timing!!!  STILL!!!  :)
The little boy who was sick made it through the night!  Praise the Lord!  They are doing lots of testing and brought him to the hospital today.  Please continue to pray for him.
Also, please pray a hedge of protection around O.  We want him healthy and well.  He is so much better, but does still have some healing to do.  We compared his first picture with him today...and it was crazy how different he looked.  We are so thankful that the babies home helped him so much.  There are so many kids there though...we want to be able to transition as soon as possible.  Judging by the fit he threw in court...we will probably have our hands full.  He is so funny though.  He smiles so much.  He reaches out for us.  He laughs out loud for the littlest thing.  They call all the ladies who work in the nursery "Mama'...so he calls me Mama already!  Lol.  He is working on saying Daddy.  Though they do speak a lot of English here...there are a lot of other languages mixed in and we will have some work on that too.  He isn't really speaking much and is actually a little younger than we originally though.  He will learn just fine though.  He is SO smart.  My Mom will be proud of his cognitive development and fine motor skills!!!  I am having fun just watching him.
We are truly enjoying our time with O.  He is just surprising us all the time as we learn more and more about him.  We are learning and learning and learning.
I am blown away by how used to the finer things in life I have become.  And I think it is good for me to be here for so many reasons.  I was disgusted with my thoughts when we arrived.  Such a snob.  I will not take for granted the things I have and the country I live in.
Please continue to pray for Gracie.  I long so much for us to be all together.  And I know that it is going to be a while.  After our court ruling, if it is as scheduled, we will still have to wait for our visa appt with the embassy - which we are hearing will be the biggest hurdle to overcome as far as a time frame.  I will probably have to stay while Josh goes.  Though God could totally work all of that out!!! Who knows...we could all be home in a week and a half...who knows!?!?

To our sweet O,

I thought you were too good to be true today.  I remember thinking that when Gracie was born too.  You are cracking me up!  You looked so handsome in your court outfit.  SO cute.  I love your smiles and your laugh.  You  make my heart fill with joy.  I can't wait to start our new life together as a family of 4.  I told you we would come for you!!!  Can't wait to see you in the morning.  Can't wait to see those arms stretching out for me!!!

Love you more,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. Everything sounds good. Can't wait until you get to post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's amazing what Africa will do to your heart. Here's to praying that you get a quick Visa and can bring baby boy home soon! I dread being away from my kids. Absolutely dread it. But I keep telling myself the end result is worth the sacrifice. To finally be together! You don't have long!!! Your family of 4 is almost complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of prays coming to yall, fr uncle and me,and our church class.cant wait to see yall.
    love you
    aunt wanda and uncle george

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am praying everything keeps falling into place. Keep your spirits up. It is so amazing how you have already learned so much from O and his culture in just a few days. Praying for O's immune system and the poor sick baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Team Willis! I am blown away by the journey you are being led through. I picture both of you with blindfolds on, holding each others hands, being gently led by God's whispered voice down the Entebbe Road, through the streets of Kampala, into the Ugandan courtroom and ultimately exiting the plane at DFW and through your front door in McKinney. Beautiful. I am praying for peace and unity as you guys face the successes and challenges of each day.

    ReplyDelete