Friday, October 22, 2010

Our First Outing...Done.

Let me start this blog by saying that I am fully aware that it is like therapy for me.  And today...I feel like I need therapy.  So...here I go!
When we started this journey, I knew it would be tough.  But, the whole time...I kept thinking that God is making this miraculous.  He is fully capable...but we don't learn much that way, do we?  It is easy to go through journeys like this and not learn as much as we are able.  I learned a lot today.
The main thing that I learned is that I am not strong enough to do it.  I have to quit relying on myself to do things. God is able.  He is willing.  And he will get me through.  I see him do it for so many others.  Especially other adopting Moms...they have been so inspiring.
We took O to Garden City today.  We worked it out so that we could take him out to try on some shoes.  They didn't have any in his size...but I thought it would be fun.  It was NOT fun.  O was not having a good time.  He actually was upset the whole time.  It didn't take long to realize that we went for too much too fast.  It also didn't take long for me to throw in the towel and say it was time to go back.  He has been through so much.  I don't know that he has ever seen a mall type building before.  We are new...we are white on top of that!  He was scared.  He also doesn't really understand how to express his feelings.  So, when he gets upset...he just kind of freaks out.  He is such a little trooper though.  He also must have known I needed it b/c he gave me my first, unprompted kiss this evening.  And he laughed right afterward.  This boy...he melts me.
We also saw a little white girl walking in the mall about Gracie's age and I lost it.  I knew I would miss her...but I am being such a sissy!
We went back out and I almost got squished by a truck...but there was coffee afterward and life was good agian.  
And I also have to say that I find myself REALLY looking forward to the end of the day when I can come over to the internet place and see our friends and family supporting us.  Really.  Thank you so much.  I'm not sure if you realize how much it means to me...to all of us.

To Our Sweet O,
Oh little man...you gave me a run for my money today.  You have taught me so much already.  I don't think I would learn these things any other way.  And to have you kiss me all on your own at the end of the day was like the most amazing gracious gift you cold give.  You are such a trooper.  You have been through a lot and you smile and you laugh.  You amaze me.  I love you more than you will ever know.  I can't wait until you are able to know that I am here for you forever.  I am not going anywhere baby boy.

Love you more,
Mommy

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to share this journey with you! Praying for God's peace and for comfort as you miss your precious girl. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney & Josh, you are amazing and our God is amazing too!! with us all working together things are awesome and beautiful! I love hearing about yalls journey and Talon told me he has been reading and he loves it too, he said you had him close to tears! <3 We all love yall so much and can't wait till we can see all of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter slapped me in the face, pinched me, and scowled at me for the first week I was with her. My good friend adopted from another babies' home and the mamas told her, "He is much better behaved when you are not here." I've heard from so many adoptive parents with similar stories. Try not to worry too much. This is a natural and necessary part of bonding. He's testing you a little and seeing if you are really willing to LOVE him. We all want to be loved. And when we're left alone and then love is offered, we want to make darn sure that it's real. It hurts too much to trust and be dumped. Hang in there. Try to have boundaries with lots grace and patience. It sounds like you are doing that already. If they will let you take him that far, there is a beautiful botanical garden in Entebbe. Godfrey knows where it is. It's extra to pay Godfrey to drive that far but it is paradise. And it's quiet and it would be a calm place to bond. Praying, praying, praying for all of you!
    Many, many blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I love your heart! I know what it is like to miss your baby... so hard. I will pray for that as well. Can't wait to see your family of 4 together at home!! Praying for O and y'all... blessings, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and all the other mommies there waiting to get their little ones home. Who hasn't had their little one freak out in public! I know it is tough, especially being in Uganda, but we all love you and are supporting you from here. Isn't it amazing how little O's kiss and laugh can make all the difference? He is meant to be with you. Praying for a speedy verdict on Monday!

    By the way, I am thinking of you guys so often, I had a dream about you the other night. Josh had to leave Uganda and I flew in to help you get through the trip home. In my dream, O and you looked so perfect and happy together. I woke up and I was so happy for you all over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney and Josh- I love reading all your updates on your journey through adoption. I'm so inspired. I can't imagine your struggle and i admire your determination, I can feel your heart aching through your words as you talk about missing Gracie. You that, one day, she will be able to look back at her your words and see what a great thing her mommy and daddy are doing for Owen.... how proud she will be!!!

    My prayers are with you guys.

    ~Brenna Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so inspiring on so many levels Courtney and Josh. I know you ache for Gracie but she couldn't be in better hands, if not yours. As for Owen, wow, what a blessed child to have you as his parents for the rest of his life. I can't wait to see you together.

    You are loved and prayed for, Jill Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your blogs, guys. My prayer for you today is that God would allow Owen to easily adapt to a completely differnt way of life with a new family, new friends, and new experiences. Y'all be safe. We love you.

    - Rob

    ReplyDelete
  9. there is not much to say that has not already been said...all y'all are in my God Box. God's time not my time. Love you Victoria

    ReplyDelete