Monday, October 11, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane...

Well, it has come MUCH sooner than we thought it would!  The time has come for us to go get O!!!  We have a court date October 19th!!!  It has happened so fast that we really don't quite know what to do with ourselves.  Other than to say OK, of course!  It is not uncommon for the system to go this way with Uganda...just kinda have to roll with it.
God has really lead us to this point, so we know that wherever we plant our foot next, HE WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH US.  And we are so very excited!!!  We aren't sure if we will fly out Thursday, Friday, or Saturday...depends on pricing.  
I will be able to update the blog (from what I hear) pretty regularly.  We will also have a phone there, but will likely be unable to use it often.  Josh will be with me for at least 2 weeks, then I will probably have to stay while he leaves.  There is really not way for us to know how the courts will go, not to mention the embassy timing.  But, we do know that God has perfect timing...so we will not worry!!!
We are also SO very thankful for the fact that a friend will be traveling at the same time as us.  She has the same court date, lawyer, and judge.  And this is her 2nd adoption in Uganda so she has already been very helpful.  This peace has already been a God send.  
I probably don't have to mention that I'm already dreading leaving Gracie.  REALLY.  Please pray about that!  I know she is in GREAT hands here with my parents.  It is just tough to think that I am going to be away from her for so long...and not even know how long.  
We have LOTS to do before Thursday...please pray that we get it all done.  We go tomorrow morning for our FBI Fingerprinting.  Please pray that our 171H (VERY important document) is processed in miracle timing.  
Also, please pray that the last bit of funding comes right on through.  God has been so good to us in this department...we know that he will provide!  
We can't wait to post pictures of our little man!!!  
Next time I post...I'll probably be in Uganda!!!  Woo hoo!!!

To our sweet O,
I know you have had a rough week.  But, hang in there little man!  We are coming for you and will hold you THIS WEEK!!!  I can't wait to see that sweet face.  I hear you like bubbles...so we will pack plenty of them! I also hear that your giggle has warmed many hearts already.  I can't wait to hear it myself.  I love you so much more than you could possibly know.  Your Daddy is beside himself.  It is funny to watch him talk about you.  He lights right on up.  Gracie says that when you get home she will love you and share with you.  We will see on the sharing part...  

Love you more,
Mommy


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that note to O got me. Isn't amazing how many of us love him so much already? Thank goodness for Gracie promising she would share or I would really be crying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I'm away from internet for a week and I come back to this!!!! Awesome. I am so happy for you!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick told me this yesterday based on a facebook post by Josh, but I hadn't had time to talk to you about it yet. I'm so excited for y'all and I can't wait to meet Owen! Is there anything you need before you go? Please tell your mom to call me when she needs a break from Graice, and we'll be happy to have her over to play! Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So incredibly blessed to be on this journey with you!!!! Our God is SO BIG!!! It was so great to actually talk to you today! We'll be doing lots more of that soon Friend!

    See you in a few days!! IN UGANDA!! :)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete