Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jinja Trip!

Today was a great day!  We were able to go to Jinja with some great friends and really enjoyed our time together!  Owen had a rough day yesterday and a rough night last night, so I was a little nervous.  But, he did really well (minus the 7 or so diapers we had to change, and 2 pants we had to get rid of EWW).  We both see some great strides in his getting comfortable with us and are excited to celebrate the little things that mean so much!  He is getting pretty fond of his Daddy!  This is what the day looked like, in no particular order:
 We got to go to this really pretty waterfall that the natives believe has healing powers.  Not too sure about that, but it did has this really cool bridge!
 When we were at the Nile there were monkeys!   I didn't want to leave Africa without seeing them, so I was very excited!  There were even Mommy monkeys with babies.  Gotta love that!  Owen loved them!
 This is Josh, myself, and Mr. Owen at the source of the Nile.  SO neat.  Josh even confirmed that it does flow North.  He has it on video - with a compass!
This was the waterfall with the cool bridge.
 The 3 of us at Bugajari Falls - though I may be spelling it wrong.  A friend paid a guy to go down with nothing but a jug...good thing he lived, huh Melissa???  Lol!  It actually looked kinda fun!
 Owen asleep with Mommy on our way back (after destroying our back up pants).  We had a really good time talking with some new adoptive friends!
 The boys!
When we got home, Mr. Owen had to copy everything I did...crossing his legs like Mommy and scratching his head like Mommy.  SO FUNNY!
My thinker...Joshua at the falls.  So peaceful, huh?  God is pretty awesome with his craftsmanship on these African water features!!!

Our friends have an amazing camera and an even more amazing ability to take photos, so we should have some really good ones coming up too!  The only thing missing was our Gracie!  We can't wait to show her the monkey pics - I think she will love them.  We did get to chat on the phone when we got home though.  And that always melts my heart.  Tomorrow we will visit a couple friend's (who are still in the process) babies for them and take some pics.  Can't wait!  Then Monday is our VISA appt!  So ready, but not trying to have any kind of grand expectations.  Though God has shown that he is bigger than any of this stuff already!!!

To Our Sweet Owen,
You felt so natural with us today.  I am noticing that you are trusting us more and allowing us to become closer to you.  I wish I could show you already that you can trust us.  We will always be here and always love you.  No matter what.  Sometimes you get nervous and I can tell that it is because you have been through so much.  But that is all behind you now sweet boy.  Your Daddy and I (along with everyone else who loves you) are going to make sure that you know that you are in this thing called life with lots of love and support.  I'm so proud of you baby boy.
Love you more,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. Awesome journey. Owen looks so comfy in your arms. Children know when they are loved. In an amazingly short time, Owen will realize that he became a part of you before you even saw him, and you guys will become a part of him forever. Love you all! Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree! Owen looks SO natural in your arms! And I'm SO excited to know that I AM ONE OF THE FRIENDS whose babies you are visiting! Please squeeze them tight and give them lots of love from us! Oh, my arms ache to hold them myself! If you don't mind, could you take a few pics of each of the babies? All the ABH families are in a group together and rather than have them bombard you with messages I thought I could just post all the babies pics on our fb page. Haha! Otherwise you will get slammed just like Colleen did! Hugs and love to you all! We will be praying for your visa appt!!!! This is all so exciting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day to remember. Everyone here prays that the 3 of you will be home soon. Love, hugs and kisses, maw-maw Melba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mama monkey! Owen does look so comfortable with you guys. I am so excited! It is meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics make me cry... esp. the one where he is sleeping on you!! LOVE that one. I am thrilled he is growing closer to you and Josh every day!! praying for y'all today! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete