Friday, March 4, 2011

A photo is worth...

When we started this journey, we made lots of friends who were also in the process of adopting their own children.  These are friends that I will never forget and they will always have a special place in my heart.  They will forever be a part of this journey and of our lives.  
One of the friends (Abi Q) also happened to be a VERY talented photographer.  I secretly always wanted to be one and had so much fun looking at the pics she took.  She was able to get through some of her photos of Africa and I just had to share a few.  What a gift she has!!!
 This is one of our sweet boy the day we went to Jinja.  I tried to carry him on my back as much as he would let me.  Seeing this reminds me of how much he has grown since we have been home...
 This is Josh and Abi's "husband man", Ryan.  I think this was taken right before Josh was smacked in the face with a low lying tree branch.  Good times!
 This is Abi and I holding our babies.  Both passed smooth out.  Abi's little boy brings new meaning to the word: cute.
And this is one of my favorite pictures of all time.  I can't really explain the emotion that this one stirs up inside of me.  Really.  I don't know the names of the kids...they were just running up to our car as we drove by to visit an orphanage for a friend.  They taught me so much that day though...in that brief moment...This is just what "beautiful" looks like to me.  

To our sweet Owen,
You are helping me grow so much.  And while I am growing on the inside...you are growing on both the inside and outside!  Already from a 12 month pant size to a 2T since we have been home.  From a 6 to a 8-9 shoe.  From bald, to a head full of curls.  From an upset little man, to a loving and sweet...and incredibly funny little guy.  Your Daddy, Gracie, and I all love you more than we can say.
Love you more,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment