Monday, March 28, 2011

He gets that from...

God sure knew what he was doing when he decided to create our sweet boy.  When he placed Owen in the womb of another woman...oh about 2 years ago...he really did get super crafty.  He made this little boy...who takes after his family...in so many ways.
He made Owen super determined...SO very determined like his Mommy.  I mean...you should see this kid with a pair of shoes...he WILL get them on his feet.  And no determination and being stubborn are NOT the same.  :)
He made Owen a caregiver like his sister.  He is the best little "Daddy Mommy" there could be.  Holds the babies, rocks the babies, changes the babies, puts the babies in time out...
He made Owen GOOFY like his Daddy.  I mean GOOFY.  Like the kind of goofy that makes you sit back and think...WHAT ON EARTH???  Those of you who know Josh, know that this is a special kind of goofy...and lets just say that Owen has it.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I think he gets his good looks from his Daddy too...for what it's worth.
He made Owen special in so many ways.  Such a little overcomer, laugher, grower...  I haven't met a friend (or stranger really) who doesn't fall in love with him.  There is just something about him.  I kinda feel almost...spoiled...that I get to be Mommy to both Gracie AND Owen.  I mean...I think most Moms feel this way...so very blessed...but I often find myself just thinking...and thanking God for HOW blessed I am.
In the midst of the yelling and bickering and toys being heaved across the living room...the books to read, songs to sing, dressing, brushing, lotioning (is that a word?)...the doctor's visits, medicines, messes to clean up, and the such...I find myself thinking (at times...b/c there isn't much space in my head for thinking)...geeeeezzzzzeeee...I am just SO BLESSED.
There are times where I really have to STOP and appreciate it.  Because I am finding that time is FLYING by so quickly.  Before I know it...the whole day is gone and I forgot to really soak it in and appreciate ALL of it.  Which makes me think...their childhoods will fly by too.  And one day I will be a Mommy to a grown up Gracie and Owen.
What?!?!  That is going to happen???  I am SO excited that I get a front row seat!!!  God has big plans for these two.  For YOU too.  I truly believe it.
For now, I am going to give it all I've got - be there and be present.  And appreciate ALL of this!!!
 Our little baseball pro
 Our little baseball pro who can't play yet and doesn't like that...but makes the best of it...
Yes...they sing together...a lot...very loudly...

To our sweet Owen,
You are awesome.  You are growing SO much.  You weigh 3 pounds less than your sister.  Your feet have grown 3 sizes and your taller and taller every day.  You have a very healthy appetite for food and pretty much life.  You are so tough.  Yet sensitive at the same time.  You make me see life differently...and I thank you for it.  
I love you more,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment