Saturday, March 19, 2011

For I know the plans I have for you...

This past week was so much fun.  We went to DISNEY WORLD!!!  It was princesses.  Rides.  Swimming.  Lots of firsts.  There was laughing.  And singing.  And dancing.  There was LOTS of good times for all 4 generations there.  There wasn't any stress.  There wasn't even any stress of the financial burden for us...because we didn't pay for it.  Sure, there was a bit of exhaustion...but the good kind.  The kind where you lay down in bed after a long day and just think about how much you enjoyed what you did.  I got to watch both of my kids smile more than I have seen..pretty much ever.
I don't think it could have come at a better time.  We really kinda needed some time away - the past few months have been tough at times.  They have really showed us what it means to have happiness in the midst of trials.  We have been SO happy, but it hasn't been easy.  And we were just SO thankful to have this time together to just enjoy each other.  No cleaning.  No stressing about mealtime.  Just good times!  Exciting times!!!  Just what we needed!
We got home late last night and I spent the day unpacking while Josh spent it working.  The kiddos played with their new Disney toys and before I knew it - it was evening time.  And that means it was a time that I have really been dreading.  Really.
It is time for Gracie's first injection of methotrexate.  When we got Gracie's juvenile arthritis diagnosis late last year, I comforted myself by thinking "at least they didn't put her on methotrexate"...because that is what my Mom takes and I have been covering her in prayer so she would be safe from it's possible side effects.  When we went back for an injection of cortisone, and it was a big procedure that I wasn't prepared for...I got a little more stressed...and felt a little more out of control.  Then, when a week later, it didn't work anymore...I started to get worried.  I was nervous about going back to the doc to hear what they had to say about the progression.  When they said "up to 5 joints"...I was REALLY stressed.  And when they said what they wanted to put her on...I kinda freaked out.  On the inside, of course.  I smiled at the doctor and told her that I understood.  And when she left, my Mom and grandmother reassured me that this is just another opportunity to trust God.  I know that they are right...so I told myself not to freak out.  That it will all be OK.  And I know that it will.  We have the MOST amazing doctor.  God has really blessed us with her - we really are confident in her knowledge...and that is easy to do since she is the best of the best.
The more I think about it...the more I think about what God did for me.  HE GAVE HIS SON UP for me.  I'm pretty sure he was sad when he looked down and saw Jesus on that cross.  I know that God knew the plan and that his son would rise again, but I know that God knows what I'm feeling.  He loves Gracie even more than I do.
I know that remission is on the horizon.  I don't know when that will come.  But, I know it is there.   Will you please join me in prayer until that day comes?  Please pray that this medicine has NO negative effect on her immune system...or any system for that matter.   That she will be healthy.  That if she does get sick, we will be aware of it and will know whether or not to give her the injection.  Also, please pray that Gracie's anxiety and fear of needles goes away.  She put up quite a fight this evening and that just makes it even harder.
I heard this song on the radio tonight.  I just love how he reassures us.  Maybe this song will help you out too.  It is pretty awesome!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans for a hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment