Friday, August 6, 2010

What kind of Mom am I?!?!

Well, as you can see by the photo...I am NOT the kind of mother who can trim her child's hair. I thought I was. And for some reason, I was proud. I felt resourceful and...Momly...I guess. After the mishap we had last night, I have questioned my Momness. I know it's just her bangs...and thank the Lord...they will grow back. But, I couldn't sleep! How could I have allowed such a thing? I knew she was squirmy! She thinks it's funny. And of course, knows she is beautiful. So, why am I bothered? The more I think about it...the more I realize that I am worried about what others will think.
Why do I care? I wasn't worried with what others thought when I was younger! So...I found myself thinking of what good could come of this. And I thought that maybe God is telling me to think more of HIS opinion and less of others. Maybe I am not perfect but God made me the Mom I am today. So, when I get overwhelmed and think of how I will be at Mommying (I think I made that term up) two...I can rest in HIM. He will handle it. He will give me all the Mommy skills I need. He is the master provider. He always has been.
It is easy to become overwhelmed when hearing about how our transition will be from one child to two - especially with the added challenges we will face. But God has blessed us with a lot of love to give! And his word tells us that "love conquers all". So there is no need to worry! Matter of fact, His word says that too.
So, am I thankful that I messed up our sweet baby's hair? No. But I AM thankful that I can learn so much from it. And just for those who are wondering. I also learned that I will NEVER do this again. We will go to a professional next time!!! And that is just fine!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment