Thursday, August 26, 2010

Desperation and Joy

Well...the past 48 hours have been a whirlwind!  We have learned a  lot, but these few seem to stick out quite a bit:
1.  God sees the big picture and we DO NOT.
2.  Prayer is VERY powerful.
3.  Rest in HIM.

So, yesterday morning we got an email from our lawyer stating that O was not in a safe place.  He was abandoned...and the person caring for him is not giving him the care, food, or medical attention he needs.  We had been trying to figure out exactly where he was since we found him, and this was just not the answer we were looking for.  She asked if we knew of anyone in Uganda who could care for him.  Of course, we don't know too many people there...none of them personally for a long time anyway.
So...what do we do???  We prayed.  FIRST and foremost - because we felt so desperate and helpless.  We prayed and then we prayed and then we prayed....and then we emailed.  Josh emailed every person he met while he was on both mission trips there.  I emailed every adoptive Ugandan Mom I knew who I thought could give me advice.  Now...let me just say.  I have never met, in person, any of these adoptive Moms.  From the lady who brought O to our attention, to the one who suggested our guide.  We have never seen their faces in person. Yet for some reason, they feel like family.  I emailed an incredibly inspiring Mom who lives in Nashville and asked if she had any ideas.  She quickly replied...FIRST with congrats on our son.  Which was so needed.  Then, she suggested a babies home in Uganda that we could look into.  She provided us with contact information and everything else she knew about the babies home.  She also gave us information on a lady, we will call her H, who she knew to be an amazing, Christian woman with a heart for children like O.  She knew that she was on facebook and that she would take good care of O.  That I could trust her and not worry about him getting the care he needs or our money going to the wrong place.  So, I found her on facebook and sent her a message.  Isn't FB grand???
That night, unknown to me, Josh emailed a lady in Uganda who is from the states but has adopted two beautiful kiddos while living in Uganda.  She has been very helpful to us, giving advice from the very beginning.  I didn't have her email, and Josh was on shift, so I sent her a message on her blog and asked her to email me so I could ask her some questions.
Then we prayed some more.  I found myself, through out the day and night, praying to God..."If your will allows, please let H say yes...PLEASE Lord, let H say yes."  To know that O would have a Christian woman caring for him...one who I had a peace about...and knew we could trust.
This morning I woke up and got an email from the lady who lives in Uganda.  She said that she got my message for her to email me.  She is assuming it is in regard to O...since my husband had sent her an email also (great minds think alike).  She suggested a babies home that may work out.  Gave all kinds of details and contact information.
Then...she stated that she had a friend who she has already spoken to who said that she would care for O.  She is an amazing, inspiring, beautiful, Christian woman by the name of....GUESS WHO...couldn't believe it, well...yes we could...it was H!!!
God is the most incredible artist, conductor, planner...He knew all along!!!  How awesome is He???  More amazing than I can fathom, that is for sure!
Josh spent the rest of the morning on the phone with our Lawyer and H getting things in order.
We hope that H with have O in her care by the weekend.  We need to work out some logistics, but we are so thankful and full of joy that she wants to help him.  Please pray for O's safety and health in the mean time.  Also, that they get O to H as quickly, safely, and flawlessly as possible.
Can you believe that people like her exist?  Like H and the incredible women who helped us find her?  People who love Jesus so much, that they LOVE JUST LIKE HE WOULD.  They have never seen my face, but they changed our lives.  Forever.
I want to love people like that.  I can love people like that.  And I will.

"But what happens when we live God's way?  He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity.  We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people..."
Galatians 5:22

To our sweet O,
Mommy and Daddy are coming for you.  We will be with you as soon as we can.  God is preparing us for one another.  Your sister won't stop talking about you.  We already love you more than you will ever know.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment