Saturday, August 14, 2010

In training...

The past week has been a wealth of knowledge. We are required to get 10 hours of training in order to finish our home study. So, Josh and I have been watching webinars on attachment, discipline, multiracial families, and lots of other things. We hope to be finished in the next week!
While reading, I can't help but think about where our child is and what he or she is doing. Is an African woman holding him/her and nurturing or loving him/her? Is he/she sitting alone? Is our child fearing for it's life? Is it in danger? Does he/she know how much we are already in love with him/her? Does this child feel a connection in it's heart like I do? Is anyone teaching our child about Jesus? I'm sure you realize that the questions could go on and on. I have to constantly tell myself to be still. Trust in the Lord. He knows exactly what He is doing. I am starting to feel overwhelmed about the financial aspect..and I just have to remember that God is bigger than lawyer fees, flights, immigration fees, and all else.
I'm learning so much through this journey. We all are.
So, again, we take it one step at a time! We do what is right in front of us. And we train away! This morning Gracie tapped away at her very first dance class. She wasn't feeling it at first...but she quickly warmed up. Here's a pic of her putting on her ballet shoes. We couldn't be more proud!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment