Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Study Saturday!!! Wow...

The picture below is what a COMPLETED home study packet looks like!  It has everything from notarized birth certificates for all three of us, to police clearances, to 10 pages questionnaires, to our house's floor plan.  Plus some other crazy, but necessary documents.  It was not really enjoyable putting that packet together, but it felt GREAT to put it in our social worker's mailbox yesterday.  GREAT!!!
She let us know that she got the goods and asked if we could do the "long study" Saturday.  Josh is off (yes, another miracle), so we agreed.  That means that Saturday at 2:00pm, we will meet the woman who can determine whether or not we are able to adopt.  Of course, that makes me nervous...who wouldn't be???  But, when I freak out...I tell myself that this is not up to us.  God put us on this journey and he will see us through.  So, please pray for us.  Pray that she understands who we are and how we got to this place. Pray that she is having a good day!  That her coffee maker works for her Saturday morning...if she is anything like me, of course.  Now that I think about it...pray that my coffee maker does too!  :)
I think that there will be a few meetings, so I am not really sure when this will be over and we can move on to the I 600 A, but that will be our  next step.  Each step costs a little under $1000.00.We haven't saved or raised enough for both yet, so hopefully, by the time this is over we will have enough for both!!!
Already through this journey, I have learned so much - we all have!  God is really stirring something up inside of us.  I came to Josh yesterday and asked him if he felt something crazy going on in his heart...and he agreed.  I know we can't adopt all 147 million orphans out there...but I sure want to love them all.  It's like our eyes have been opened to a world of orphans out there...and I will never be the same.  I want our child home with us ASAP.  I also can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the future beyond bringing our little one home.  Now, if I could just remember:  GOD HAS PERFECT TIMING.  He is never late - only right on time.

4 comments:

  1. SO excited for you! A friend sent me here and I am glad she did! :) It was great meeting you at Starbucks, and I am thrilled to be a part of this ministry with you and walk in this incredible journey together. God is so good...
    BTW... GREAT song choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! I'm excited for YOU! And I am looking forward to our next meeting so we can catch up!!! SO nice to have a sister or two going through the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, sweet friend. I know you have your precious family close always willing to help out, but please, if there's anything I can do, let me know. I can take Gracie off your hands for a bit while you clean and I make a mean cheesecake just in case your social worker is a sweets kind of lady. ;-) And as always,I know the one thing I can and will do: pray. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lori! You are so great. The fam is out of town today through the weekend, so I will let you know if I need some uninterrupted cleaning time. The cheesecake sounds yummy...but you don't have to do that! The prayers are the most important part!!! I appreciate it so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete