Friday, July 16, 2010

Now we're getting somewhere!

We have learned over the past couple weeks that adopting from Uganda is different from adopting anywhere else. I am sure that most countries are different, but I found myself longing to find someone who has successfully adopted from Uganda shortly into this process. Thanks to the blog world, I have found that. And thanks to God orchestrating new friendships, we have made some progress.
First, we have received word back from our lawyer in Uganda. She is "our lawyer" now! Woo hoo! She comes highly recommended by others and is seemingly a pretty amazing Christian woman. We are so thankful to have found her and that she has agreed to take us on. Please pray that we develop a relationship with her that pleases God. We hope that she will be able to "meet" us and discover who we are from afar. And that she will like us too!!! ;)
Our second bit of great news is that we have found someone to do our home study! We heard of this lady from a new friend who I met through the newly developing adoption ministry at FBC McKinney(please pray for this ministry too!). We are prayerful that this is the right person to do this study. A home study, for those of you who don't know, is a BIG DEAL. Please pray that it goes well. That is goes flawlessly. That God is in control of it - and that we are not.
I took a look at our FIRST round of paperwork this evening and - though I told myself it wouldn't happen - I got REALLY overwhelmed. It will be OK though. Mom asked me how to eat an elephant. I told her one bite at a time.
So, here we go! One bite at a time. One step at a time. One day at a time. This is how we try to live our lives anyway! Right???
As far as any other news on the Willis front...We are all doing great! Gracie is over that little stomach virus. Thank the Lord! I am GETTING over that little stomach virus. And Josh has been working 48 hour shifts to make up for our vacation time away, so hopefully he won't have to worry about the little stomach virus!

Little Miss Gracie sporting her new shades!


Couldn't let this moment pass after a meeting! God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment