Sunday, January 30, 2011

What is strength?

My friends love me and tell me that I am strong.  I say thank you and it makes me feel good to know that they think that way.  And when I am all alone...by myself...I question that.  Am I strong???  Why do I cry when things get hard?  Why do I feel like a failure after a really tough day of behavior issues when I have yelled too much?  That isn't strength...
So, I find myself asking...WHAT is strength?  What makes someone strong?  I think that I have figured out what I consider "strong" to be.  And it is TRUST.  Trusting God.  Knowing that he is in control and that he will take care of me.  And of mine - what I consider to be the most valued part of my life here:  my loved ones. That he will give Owen the ability to overcome the emotion mess...that he will heal Gracie even though it seems to be getting worse and protect her while she is taking scary medicine.  That he will heal our niece from cancer.  That he will be with Josh and I...and our marriage and thoughts as we go through all of this together.
I do think it is OK to cry.  To wonder and to question things...including myself.  But, I am just so thankful that when I am done with all of that...I don't have to question God.  I truly trust him.  And when I remind myself of that, I find peace.  And with that peace...I find strength in the next moment.  I really hope that everyone reading this (and those who aren't) know this strength, peace, and trust.
So, NO I am NOT strong.  I have really hard days and I cry...and I yell...and I wonder.  BUT (I love when there is a but), my God is ALWAYS strong.  ALWAYS trustworthy.  ALWAYS in control.  ALWAYS knows what is coming next.  I CAN TRUST HIM.  And that is ALL I NEED.  All Joshua needs.  All Gracie needs.  All Owen needs.  And they have it.  We all do.
THANK YOU PRECIOUS PRINCE OF PEACE.

To our sweet Owen,
You are really overcoming so much.  I am so proud of you.  You inspire me to let go and let God.  You inspire me to move forward and see what God has in the next moment.  I love you, our family, and this life God has blessed us with more than I can say.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment