Sunday, January 9, 2011

My new normal...

I think I'm figuring something out. I'll list a few below, but the main thing I've figured out is this: my new "normal" is that there isn't a "normal" if you live day by day and go with God's "flow".
I also have figures these out:
1. Siblings fight...adopted or biological.
2. I can do this.
3. Life is good...no matter what.
4. Living for God isn't easy.
5. Guilt is pointless...but difficult to shake.
6. God is in control. I am NOT. And that's hard to remember.
7. Gods not done with us.
8. He will never be done with us.
9. Amazing grace has got to be the most beautiful song. Ever.
10. I wouldn't be able to handle life without my faith.
11. I know some amazing people.
The other day, I was sitting outside with the kids. I was thinking...wow...I don't feel overwhelmed. I am finding my groove. Awesome!
That afternoon we got a call that Josh's niece was very sick. The next day Owen tested positive for the flu. Gracie and I started tamiflu ($50 each). That was a 231.00 pharmacy bill. Yikes! Gracie had to be sedated for a procedure that turned out to be a bigger deal than we originally thought. We are now headed to Tulsa. Things are crazy. There are major thoughts and emotions. BUT, I still have peace. And it's only because of my God. His peace. His grace. His love. His presence. His people.
I'm not going to find my normal. And I'm ok with it. Most people I talk to have told me this. And now I get it. Our hope is that we don't find our normal. Because then we may not be growing like God wants us to. I am so thankful that I get to go through this with my best friend. Josh inspires me daily...and makes me laugh pretty regularly.
Life isn't easy...but it is A. M. A. Z. I. N. G.
Here are a few pics! God bless!



The little Mister before the bug hit.



And after...I know the double booger bubbles are gross, but I was impressed. And he thought it was funny.



Gracie before her successful cortisone injection.



Proud Daddy after Gracie finished



Thats right. They are playing together! Woo hoo!

To our sweet Owen,
You are so tough. You didn't even seem sick and you had the flu. Welcome to America! I guess it's better than malaria. Though I just found out that it can recur...makes for a nervous mommy. But don't worry...your daddy is cool as a cucumber. He and I and Gracie can't explain the love we have for you. You are also so funny! You get it from your daddy.
Love you more,
Mommy

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I loved hearing about your little ones last night! I also love reading your blog, your recent entry reminds me of this great quote:

    Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is not noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. (Unknown)

    It is so evident that you always have peace (calm)and joy in your heart!

    Love, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT snot bubbles. The kid has some serious talent! Glad you captured it.

    Kim V

    ReplyDelete