Monday, November 22, 2010

No way!!!

We got Owen's bloodwork results back this week. And we couldn't really believe what we heard. HIV negative. Syphilis negative. Sickle cell negative. TB negative. Parasites negative. What?!?! Was our first response. Quickly followed by a "Praise God"!!!
You see...Owen is amazing. Because God made him amazing. And because our God is even more amazing. Our little man is healthy! We were trying to prepare for the what ifs - though I'm not sure that's possible. And we are just so very thankful.
The only little things that we found were elevated lead - which we expected to see when we saw him eating paint off the wall in the babies home....crazy...I know. Low iron - which just about every orphan (and kid in general) has. And electrolyte imbalance - which is very common in malnourished children. Seriously. That's it. And all of those things should be totally normal next month when we recheck.
I am also SO proud to say...there is a tiny bit of chub at the top of his thighs! The belly is still big and it will take a while to go down. He has to regain the muscle mass in his abdomen. But we are loving his little profile right now...not gonna lie. That belly and those little legs are just so...Owen.
Here are just a few of the many things we love about Owen:
1. His laugh. Really. If you've heard it, you know what I mean.
2. His kisses. They are sloppy and sweet.
3. His walk...belly out...head back.
4. The way his arm swings when he runs. Hilarious.
5. His serious face...he fakes it so well.
6. That look on his face every time he eats something new. Like it or not. It's priceless.
7. His smile. It's just so innocent and joyous.


I could go on for a loooong time, so I'll stop there.
For those of you wondering...we are doing well! No...I haven't quite found my groove yet, but I may be getting closer to finding something along those lines. I am enjoying being a stay at home mom. It's challenging. And fun. And oerwhelming. And beautiful. And rewarding. And filled with two amazing little people that I thank God for every day. How did I get to be their mommy???

To Our Sweet Owen,
You are so loved. Everyone is cheering you on and loving you so much. Every day I fall more and more in love with you. Really. You still laugh when you wake up. You are amazing.
Love you more,
Mommy



Sitting in the Tonka truck...with Gracie's lunch box on his head.



We all enjoyed Gracie's luncheon!



Somebody figured out that he DOES like ice cream after all.



Miss Priss and Mr. Man on the medic at Daddy's station (yes, the station and every fire truck/ambulance created belongs to Daddy. Lol.)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. No parasites? Amazing. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats on the great news. God amazes again. Time and time again. Owen is such a blessing. And....you guys are such a blessing to him, no doubt. I am so proud of you!

    Kim V

    ReplyDelete