Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lessons Learned...

So...this journey has been one lesson after another.  Here are just a few of many:

1.  I had no any idea how blessed I am.  And I think I am still learning this one...
2.  God makes things clear for a reason.  There is no denying that HE lead us straight to Owen.
3.  This is going to be a year full of learning and transitioning.
4.  Uganda is beautiful.  Full of beautiful people.  And great avocados...
5.  Making friends with someone who is in the same situation as you is a blessing and builds very strong, beautiful friendships.
6.  When you have people standing behind you, loving you, you are able to do things you didn't think you could do.
7.  It is OK to feel overwhelmed.
8.  God teaches everyone differently and that is OK.
9.  Josh CAN handle paperwork after all - and really well at that.
10.  In Lugandan if you want to say "No hit" - you say it like this "Toe-ku-ba".   And no, it doesn't always work.  But, the more you try, the more it works.
11.  Sometimes you just have to laugh.
12.  TIA - This is Africa.  I totally get it now.
13.  It is amazing how the people in Africa see people who are different (white) and think it is so cool.  They smile and wave and yell and want to just be a part of your day.  Especially the children.  They are incredible.  Different is actually pretty cool.

We can not believe that we are almost ready to come home!!!  God has blessed us far beyond what we ever thought could happen.  We really wanted to come home together, but didn't think it would happen...but HE shows us that he is bigger...greater....stronger...higher.

To Our Sweet Owen,
We are going to board a plane tomorrow night and bring you home.  Words can not describe how ready we are to bring you HOME.  To your home.  The place where God intended you end up just when you needed to.  Not gonna lie...I'm pretty nervous about the flight.  I picture you kicking open the doors mid flight and throwing people out...eating the pilot alive.  You are so full of life.  You sing all the time.  You move all the time.  You stop everything, make these funny faces, then laugh at yourself.  Really, your sense of humor is just like your Dad's.  You do also have a bit of a temper, but I think that shows that you will fit in well with our family.  We are all a little on the strong-willed side!  Your friends and family are so eager to meet you!  Everyone is so excited!  Today, your Dad admitted that he couldn't imagine being able to love two kids as much as he does.  I have to agree.  God is so amazing.  He always provides.  Always is with us.  WE PRAISE HIM FOR OUR FAMILY OF 4.  And we can't wait to all be together!
Love you more,
Mommy


Loves to have his picture taken!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love reading this and LOVE what God is doing in your hearts... WAHOO!!! Can't wait to Welcome you guys home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - you had me laughing out loud with your vision of the flight home! Ah, that is what memories are made of! I can't wait to hold all of you in my arms! Yes, even you Josh. Love you all so much! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward everday to reading your blog. You talked today of lessons learned. You are also teaching. We are all learning more about God's infinite love as we follow your beautiful journey. And, by the way, I too was laughing at the picture of Owen kicking the doors open and eating the pilot! A heart filled with God's love AND a sense of humor,you are a blessing from God for all the rest of us.Love, Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAISES PRAISES PRAISES TO HIM!!! Amazing... I will pray for your flight HOME!! God is good... no, GREAT! Happy travels and see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for a great flight home and one little piece of advice. Try to relax about it. He might feed off of your anxiety. It will be fine. Dramamine is your friend. (Ok, that's two.) ; )
    Love you!

    Kim V

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA! I love the message to him about the plane ride! Not strong-willed, strong leadership qualities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so inspirational!!! As aunt Beverly said, Your journey is reinforcing what we know is in God's power. You and Josh have taught all of us so much. Your blog is awsome.. Courtney, you have the ability to express yourself so beautifully that it continues to blow me away. I am sooo proud of your strong Faith and all that you do. Give Owen a big kiss for me. Love Maw-maw Melba

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy!!!!!!! so many blessings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mendy B gave me your blog address and I've been blubbering ever since! Owen sounds like a hoot! I am so blessed by your stories and grateful that you've shared them. God is so good... all the time... and all over the world! Our family will be praying for your trip home. -Curleys

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog has made my week! I am so happy for your precious family of FOUR!!! We are praying for a safe and easy flight for all of you. I know you are going to be so thankful to have Owen on Texas soil.

    GOD is soooooooooooo good!!!

    Aune Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been praying for your flight throughout. Fun to think of y'all last night (our time) and know that you were on an airplane. I hope the pilot hasn't been eaten and that Owen is enjoying his last couple of hours in the sky! I can't wait to read about your homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you and josh are AMAZING. God Speed. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful to read! I love how Africa just draws the hearts of those who step foot there. I have felt this way since we lived in Zimbabwe when I was a child and I love to watch others fall in love just like our family did so long ago. So glad that you are home with your little man now.....and I have NO CLUE how I missed this post! Hugs and love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete