Monday, November 15, 2010

Have you seen my groove?

That's right. I'm looking for my groove. My nitch. My place where I have it all figured out. I know that place. I was there a little over a month ago...before we left for Uganda. And now...it's missing. Completely MIA.
I'm thinking I will find it. I'm sure a time will come where I will know what I'm doing. But in the mean time... I'm finding that God is using this time. He is teaching me things about myself and my family. About our loved ones. So...I have officially decided that I'm ok without my groove. I'm ok with being uncomfortable because I don't know how things are going to go in the store, in the next five minutes, when it's time to redirect a behavior, when I'm overwhelmed.
God knows. He is never missing his groove. And that is more than enough. Look at what HE has done for us!!! I think the least I can do is allow him to make me who HE wants me to be. In order to grow, you have to learn about things. About others and yourself.

This week has been both amazing and challenging. Every day is filled with blessings. We are so very blessed. Owen is doing so much better than we ever thought he would. He still laughs every morning when he wakes up and sees us. Gracie loves him and they are growing this neat bond. Here are a few pics from the week.



Owen's first time on a swing...loved it...as long as it was totally still.



And Gracie wanted to go as fast and as high and as I could get her.



Gracie drew our new family portrait. So perfect.




Ready for our first solo (3 of us) trip to Wal Mart. And yes, we dominated. Not even 1 tantrum that couldn't be quickly resolved. :)

To Our Sweet Owen,
As we learn more and more about you, all 3 of us fall more and more in love with you. Really. You inspire me. I thank God that he allowed me to be your Mommy.
Love you more,
Mommy
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Redondo Dr,McKinney,United States

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! I've really been enjoying reading about your adventures with Owen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so real! Your blog is so helpful to those of us waiting and such an inspiration of following God every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for solo Walmart trips! Did you go to Custer & 380? I love those kind of double carts where the kids sit up high next to each other. Less fighting and sporadically jumping out versus the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court- i lost my groove a long time ago and have found that relying on our God who has EVERYTHING under control is better than anything!! God's groove is the best! So excited that life with Owen is going well. Have loved following your amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since we've added #3, my groove is missing as well... but I'm with Liz... God's got it under control. I am swimming upstream every day these last few weeks but when I stop and take a deep breath, tell God to please take it so I can stop trying so hard, suddenly something happens that makes the stream change for a bit... not forever, but for a moment that helps more than I can describe.
    We moms like our grooves... they make us feel successful, like everything on our list is checked off. Maybe God doesn't want us to get too proud of ourselves! lol!

    Love you and this story... keep loving that boy and the rewards will keep flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot know how very proud I am of you and Josh. Your journey is so inspirational and filled with the love of God. So looking forward to meeting my newest great-grandson. Love, hugs and kisses Maw-maw Melba ( known by a few of our little ones as Maw-maw Honey)

    ReplyDelete