Monday, May 30, 2011

A heart for Uganda

Please take a minute and read the note below.  Kat is a friend of mine (for over 10 years) and I am so excited about what God is doing in her life.  I know He has big plans for her trip to Uganda.  Her heart is a good example of how God works through His people.  Thanks!






Dear Friends and Family,

Good News! After prayerful consideration, I’ve decided to step out in faith (and way out of my comfort zone) to take part in a short term mission trip to Uganda this July with a team from my church, Christ Fellowship. God is moving mightily in Africa and I am honored to have this opportunity to serve Him!

Our team will partner with Pastor Makumbi Johnson and his church to provide medical, dental, and vision clinics to three villages in the Luwero district (2 hours N/W of Kampala) and launch three new church plants. Our trip will begin on July 9, 2011 and we will return on the 21st.

The total trip cost is $4,300. It’s no surprise that I do not have that kind of money lying around! I’ve already received donations from a few generous supporters who’ve helped provide the funds for the trip deposit and my immunizations. I have some money saved and plan to sell a few things, but I will still need financial support to raise all the necessary funds. The deadline for raising the funds is July 2.

25% of the money I raise will help cover the cost of supplies for the clinics, purchasing land to build churches, drilling two deep water wells, school supplies, and life saving mosquito nets.

Whether you are able to contribute financially or not, please join me in praying for the success of this mission. Please pray for me and my team now as we prepare to leave for Uganda and while we are out of the country
§  for the health and safety of our mission team
§  for the trip’s financial needs to be met
§  that our team will work well together
§  for the people of Uganda who are awaiting and preparing for our arrival

If you’d like to help support me and this mission financially, no gift is too small and I will greatly appreciate any help! The following link will take you directly to my donation page on the church website. Credit cards are accepted, but using your bank routing number is better for the church due to the fees associated with credit transactions.


While I will be made aware that you contributed, I will not know the amount. All donations are considered charitable and are tax deductible.

 If you prefer to send a check please make your check payable to “Christ Fellowship” and write “Uganda Church Plant 2011” on the memo line. Please do not put my name anywhere on the check. Mail checks to:

Christ Fellowship
Atten: Rafe Wright
2801 Orchid Dr.
McKinney, TX 75070

Please write “Uganda-July, Kat Inslee” on the bottom left corner of the envelope so that Rafe will know to add your contribution to my account.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and/or financial support. I am thrilled to have this opportunity and I can’t wait to share with you what God does on this trip and in my life!

Blessings,

Kat Inslee 





To Our Sweet Owen,
You have no idea how many people your life has effected.  Your smile and personality have changed so many others.  AND...Auntie Kat just might bring you a treat home from your birth country too.  :)
Love you more,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment