Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy couple of weeks...

Well...I really do think it is fair to say that there is never a dull moment in the Willis household.  Over the past couple weeks we have had a lot of "happenings".  Some of them are listed below...

  • I went out of town for the first time EVER.  Christian Alliance for Orphan's Summit VII was AMAZING.  God spoke...and I heard.  The most important things that I learned and felt like I could share are:
    • The church has a role in orphan care.  I am so excited to see what God has in store for The Journey - FBC McKinney's orphan care ministry.
    • Helping without Hurting - We are PARTNERS with the people we are helping.  We are learning from EACH OTHER.  There is no knight in shining armor.  I have already learned this to be true from our short time in Uganda, but the reminder is very appreciated.
    • God is going to walk with us one step at a time.  And when He speaks...we will be ready to listen.  We are up for whatever He has in store for us.
    • Josh is amazing.  I am so blessed to be married to this man.  Those of you who know me well...know that it wasn't easy for me to "let go and let God" while I was away.  I had never left before - because I couldn't let go of control and was too afraid of the "what ifs" while I was gone.  I am a fool for waiting so long.  Not only did Josh take good care of them...their clothes even matched on more than one occasion!  He cleaned dishes...and did laundry.  SERIOUSLY!  So thankful for our marriage and for God's blessings.  If you really give your all to HIM...He will make good of everything.  
  • Josh had an accident at work.  He was working a structure fire at a church and fell through the ceiling.  He was able to catch himself with his arm and pull himself up.  
    • Looks like he really tore his shoulder up and will be having surgery.
    • Workers comp isn't very...fast...so we still aren't sure when or how extensive surgery will be (2 1/2 weeks later).
    • It looks like Josh will be on light duty for approx. 6 months to recover from his injury.  This freaks us all out...for lots of reasons.  
    • We could have lost Josh that day or his injury could have been so much worse...if he had fallen...onto the pews below.  We are just thankful that he is here.
  • The kids had some regression from Mommy's trip.
    • They were not happy that I took some time away.
    • They showed me that by making life very difficult for a little while.
    • It is a GOOD thing I love them so much.  :)
    • Night time is NOT fun.  And day time was pretty scary for a while too.
    • I think things are getting better now...thank you Jesus!!!
  • We got to welcome home our close friends - The Hewitts - as they arrived home with their two kiddos from Uganda.
    • Wow...being at the airport reminds me of our own homecoming.
    • Man...that was SCARY...and EXCITING..and OVERWHELMING all at the same time.
    • Pray for the Hewitts - they are now a family of 7!!!!!
  • We had a GREAT follow up appointment at Scottish Rite for Gracie!
    • Praise the Lord!!!
    • Looks like the medicine is starting to work.  Less stiffness, less swelling, and less limping.
    • Her blood work is looking pretty good too.
    • More follow up in two months.  :)
    • No major illnesses so her immune system seems to be doing well.
All this to say...I am coming to terms with something.  And that something is this:
I DONT' THINK GOD WANTS ME TO BE COMFORTABLE.
I think He wants me to rely on Him.  Not on everything being "OK".  So...we will take it day by day.  And recognize and appreciate all the blessings that come with each day.  It isn't always easy, but it is so great.  
Here are a couple pics of the kids that I really like from the past couple weeks...



To our sweet Owen,
Son, you crack me up.  You really do.  You are such a goof ball.  You really do seem to act just like your Daddy.  And you pick the funniest moments to show your sense of humor.  Not everyone gets it (much like your Daddy), but I do.  I think you are hilarious.  And you make me smile...pretty much all the time.  You are such a blessing.  
Love you more,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment