Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Grace + obedience + love =

Love is very powerful.  God says it is the greatest, right?
Our every day life is a bit hectic...but we do make sure to show love every day.  I make sure that even if I think I'm overwhelmed...and that the day wasn't good...I love.  With words.  With hugs.  With kisses.  With sign language.  With smiles.  Snuggling.  And the list goes on.
Last night I came across some pics of Owen.  The ones we got when we had him moved from the home he was in to the babies home.  And I was shocked.  I can only imagine what our little man is going to look like in a year!  I thought I would share them with you so you could see what a difference God's love can make.
 Owen Mukisa Willis a short 6 months ago...
And now.

 Waiting for his family...
With the family God always had for him.
 Searching...
FOUND

In need of so much...
Giving so much.

People come up to us all the time and say that we did a great thing.  I understand what they are saying and take no offense.  But, that isn't really true.  The truth is that we didn't do some grand humanitarian act...we were just obedient.  We did what God wanted us to do.  AND HE HAS BLESSED US FAR MORE THAN WE COULD HAVE IMAGINED.  We are the ones who have come out of this with more blessings than we could have expected. And we are so thankful for Owen and the perspective, love, and laughs he has brought to us.
Does God want to bless YOU like this???  Please pray about it.  God bless!!!

To our sweet Owen,
The past couple months have been the best of our lives.  Our family of 4 is perfect.  You are spunky, have an incredible sense of humor, and you love so much.  You fit perfectly.  You are speaking more and more english.  You even signed "I love you" the other day.  MELTED my heart.  You are simply amazing.
Love you more,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I am sooo excited we have become friends and I get to love you guys. You are a blessing to me every time I see your faces! BLESSINGS to you this Christmas!

    Sandy Spengler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy! The feelings are all def mutual! :)
    And Merry Christmas to you guys too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.MAZ.ING!!

    Oh, how that sweet boy will grow to love the Lord and be so thankful for your obedience... for that I pray!!! I totally understand the reaction to the comments of what a great thing you've done! Obedience, sweet sister... it's all to the credit of our Lord!!! Praise you for your obedience though and what great blessings flow from that obedience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend, I LOVE this post... melt MY heart! You are so right about how sweet O has blessed and touched your family, and those of us that know him. Thank you for sharing those pics! God's LOVE abounds!

    ReplyDelete