Monday, September 6, 2010

Waiting for our family of four...

I wish I had more of an update, but I kind of don't.  And that isn't really a bad thing, I suppose...considering where we were last week!  We are so ready to be united with the fourth addition to our family...but we know that God has perfect timing.  So, we wait...for our CIS (dept of homeland security) paperwork to be approved...for O to grow and heal...for our family to gain knowledge...for the ability to raise funds...for God to mature and mold us to be who he wants us to be.
It is easier for me to think about O being in the babies home knowing that he came from an unsafe and unhealthy home...it is just so much better there, such a step up.  And we know they care for children, really.  I know he is safe and fed.  However, I still desire to hold him and to love him so much.  I want him to know that he has parents and a big sister who love him and care for him and don't want him to hurt.  I want him to know that we are here, but I (again) remind myself that we are where we are for a reason.  WE MUST BE RIPENING.  
Our lawyer let us know that it was a bit of a fight to get O in the babies home and situated, but that it is all working out now.  We didn't even know that they were having a hard time with it.  They fought for our sweet boy...and we are just so thankful.  I think our situation is a little different from the "normal situation"...if that exists, so we will have to probably jump through some hoops.  Which is just fine.  God is providing all we need.  And it will be beautiful for a mature O to look back and see how God orchestrated his story so beautifully.
We are also still waiting for his medical information.  We hope to find out a better idea of how old he is exactly, how much he weighs, how tall he is, what size he wears, that he is healthy, and that he is what I like to call...plumping right on up.  It is crazy to know that we love someone so much and haven't held him...so much like how we loved Gracie before we held her.  Our pregnancy was so complicated...and this process is reminding me of that so much.  
We continue to learn new meaning to "Be Still".  We continue to learn the power of prayer.  We continue to learn how much God loves each of us.
We are just so thankful to be on this journey.  And to have O at the end of it.  We are just so blessed.  Our lawyers said they could get us a court date in October...HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?  Thanksgiving AND Christmas with our sweet boy!!!  I'm not holding my breath, since there is still a lot of money to raise and things to be taken care of, but I can hope, right?  
We are starting the garage sale madness this Friday...so please come visit us if you are in the area.  We have had a lot of people donate some pretty awesome stuff!!!  We will still be at the Stonebridge Garage Sale on the 18th too.  
Please continue to pray for health and healing for O and a seamless (as possible) process for us!  Your prayers have really been felt this week.  God bless you guys!

To Our Sweet O,
My love for you grows stronger every day.  When I think about holding you and comforting you...kissing your little forehead...I get choked up.  I just want to show you how much we care for you so badly.  You have no idea what you are in for and I can't wait to show you.

Love you more,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. I pray for y'all everyday, God is so great and just by reading your Blog the Lord has touched my heart so much!! It is awesome that as Christians who follow the Lord we can be blessed with the heart to give so much Love!!(And in your situation for this precious baby that you haven't even held yet) I love it... Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! The prayers mean so much! We can't wait to introduce O to all the people who already love him and have taken part in getting him home. Allowing God to use this situation to touch others is what this journey is all about! So happy you are a part of it with us!!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete