Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Inspirations Blog Series 1

I have been doing some thinking (shocking...I know) and I have come to this conclusion:  I am SURROUNDED by the most inspiring, beautiful, and miraculous people, places, and things.  They are literally every where.  I thought I would post a blog about some of them...so I started to make a list...and it got really long.  Way too long for a blog post.  Then...I kept adding to it...and now, well, I just can't stop.
SO...I think it is time for a series.  I am excited to share this with you.  And I really had a hard time choosing which ones to write about first.  So, hang with me.  There are lots more to come.
This also got me wondering about something else.  What inspires you????  Please feel free to share in the comments.  :)


This is Joshua.  The hubby.  He is strong.  He cares for others...committed his life to helping them - even if it means putting himself in harms way.  He is an overcomer.  He lives life one day at a time.  He is kind.  He is brave.  He loves his family.  He loves his God more.  His necklace has his sobriety date on it (07/16/08) and this:  "Thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory".  Saying that I love him...just doesn't quite cut it.

 I just couldn't pretend that food doesn't inspire me.  IT DOES.  A lot.  This is one of my favs.  Isn't it beautiful?  What is more beautiful is that - at the table - my whole family was present.  And enjoying life together.
 This is..Italy.  Well...maybe it is Italy in Disney World...but it is the closest I have ever gotten.  The sky...the architecture...the arches...the lines...the complicated simplicity.  
This is a flower that grew at the guest house we stayed at in Uganda.  I remember looking at it in awe.  Just how detailed and beautiful is it?  

I have always been a fan of butterflies.  They are so pretty...and different.  They, for me, represent freedom...a new creation...

The Military Spouse.  Her husband's (or wife's sometimes) job is always appreciated by an American.  They fight for our country...we are free...b/c of what they do for us.  But, for most soldiers...there is a wife sitting at home running the family.  She sacrifices.  A lot.  And that inspires me.  She supports.  She appreciates.  She misses her family being together, but she keeps on pushing forward.

Melissa Busby
You've probably heard me talk about this sweet family.  She is the one who has been in Uganda for 9 months trying to get her little girl, Mercy, home.  You can read her blog here.  She has been stuck away from her family for so long.  I would HOPE that I would be as awesome as her if I were in her shoes.  But, I don't know that I would be.  She has embraced the culture, kept the faith, held onto hope, helped the people of Uganda...and the list goes on and on.  She is a great example of someone who looks for the good.  And her faith in God...is what keeps her going.  She says she has hard days (I would assume so...who wouldn't!?!?), but she really does keep her chin up (as my grandfather would put it).



To My Sweet Owen,
You had a bit of a rough morning.  BUT, you always show me that you are just so sweet.  And gentle.  Even though you sometimes want to be anything but.  Your little soul...is just so...soft.  And I love it.  I love all of you.  Even the part that had a hard morning.  :)
Love you more,
Mommy

2 comments: